Thread: Black Mirror 2
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 11:47 AM   #60
kuze
In an evening of July...

Just finished it, and overall I liked it a lot.

My thoughts: The first few chapters were slow, but enjoyable, even though I missed that Black Mirror feeling with gorgeous and moody backgrounds. The voice acting is superb, the puzzles might be too easy for some, but they made sense and didn't stop the flow of the game for me. I'm not playing it for the obscure "this is an ancient machine with strange symbols on it"-puzzles, I'm playing it for the atmosphere and the story.
Speaking of the story, some aspects were obvious from the beginning, but some still caught me by surprise, which was a nice change from the first game.

The latter chapters were my favorites. Some backgrounds were amazing, the soundtrack rarely kicked in, but was appropriate to the current story twists.

The bad bit is the ending. Zero suspense, horrible outcome, way too much demonstuff and lava fire, boring final puzzle, not very convincing characters. What a let-down. Also, I forgot to take photos during the game, and now missing out on some artwork I'd really love to see. Gotta get a savegame for this or something, I don't intend to replay it anytime soon.