View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 03:09 AM   #56
harald

I seem to be in a minority here but I thought the pregnancy was real. She sounded a bit delirious at first but when you return from the hydro room she says "I remember now...", she seems to accept that she is dead and sounds more clear-minded than before. So I started to accept what she was telling me from that point. And I have no trouble believing that Dr. Metcalf could go as far as what Mary says. He seems evil enough to be capable of anything!

Someone said that they were caring more for the spirits of the patients than for Oliver's son - I don't agree. While his responses to Josh's appearances could have been more emotional, he's probably just trying to be comforting. The patients' stories are moving, but Josh is more so. I don't know, I'm always affected when children are victims; it touches deeper. I, like Oliver, can't wait to get him out of that cellar.

I love how the ghosts take turns at narrating the game depending on what room you're in. It helps characterize them even more. I'm not sure about Malcolm though. He's less scary that way. It makes sense that he'd be lurking behind your back throughout the story, but it would be way creepier if he just appeared in glimpses, such as when Oliver was put in the timed trap. I'm thinking this might grow on me, though; the voice actor is superb.