View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 11:57 PM   #20
Keregioz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henke View Post
Eh, what?

Spoiler:
George Lucas in a troll costume and a theme park??? Only to mention a few things.
Spoiler:

George Lucas was a cameo only in the special edition, as for the theme park I'd like to think that Ron Gilbert had a specific reason to put it there, I'm sure you're aware of the many theories floating around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadji-kun View Post
Yeah, you didn't play the same game I did. Last time I checked, the Monkey Island series was all about spoofing pirates and inconsistent concepts. So, I take it that the traditional Sierra death scene dialog in Secret of Monkey Island doesn't fit in ToMI bandwagon? Oh wait, people are just playing ignorant all over again.
I didn't say monkey island was a serious adventure game. Yeah it's about spoofing pirates, ghosts ans voodoo while keeping a dark and grimy atmosphere that fits that specific era. Yes there where some anachronisms in the first games but there were far less and served basically to provide some comedy moments, the gameplay wasn't based on them. I really don't see how the death scene in SMI is the same with the stuff I mentioned.

Anyway, I'm not sure I understand what is your problem. I just stated my opinion that the atmosphere in TMI doesn't feel like the 3 first games to me (at least not yet). You on the other hand seem to enjoy it much more, good for you but why you feel the need to insult anyone that doesn't agree with you?