View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 04:10 PM   #19
kadji-kun
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray pierce View Post
Funny you metioned this. Actually I was really disapointed with the first instalment. I thought the opening was just ridiculous ! For starters, where is LeChuck's skeleton crew ? And then the part with the three piratestories wich was completely redundant and for me felt as filler puzzles that had nothing to do with the story. The only nice thing was the appearence of the Screaming Narwhal and it's captain wich was just brilliant ! And when you finally reach Deep Gut it all gets better and I started really enjoying the game. But for me it could in no way live up to Curse of - or even Escape from Monkey Island

I liked the second one a lot better though, thought 3D worked real well for Spinner Cay, gave it a real fantasy look. And can't wait for Chapter 3. Apparantly Murray is gonna make an appearence. Maybe I will get the Curse of MI feeling back after all
I treat ToMI like all episodic series. I don't expect all the answers to show up in the first episode like many people seem to expect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keregioz View Post
I felt like I was playing EMI all over again personally, which I like but it's nowhere near as good as the first 3. And that's basically because of the atmosphere. Both EMI and TMI have elements that really feel out of place in the monkey island universe the way Ron Gilbert introduced it. Stuff like
Spoiler:
merepeople, giant manatees, news reporters, mad scientists, pool diving competitions, ancient tribes, school
etc. would never appear in the first 3 games. They were all about pirates, lost treasures, ghosts and voodoo.
Yeah, you didn't play the same game I did. Last time I checked, the Monkey Island series was all about spoofing pirates and inconsistent concepts. So, I take it that the traditional Sierra death scene dialog in Secret of Monkey Island doesn't fit in ToMI bandwagon? Oh wait, people are just playing ignorant all over again.