View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 04:03 PM   #18
gray pierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadji-kun View Post
Yet I thought ToMI Episode 1 was absolutely amazing. I love the graphics, the dialogue and the atmosphere. It made me feel like I was playing Curse all over again, without knowing what was going to happen.

No matter what, people will always want more, even if what we have is above the norm.
Funny you metioned this. Actually I was really disapointed with the first instalment. I thought the opening was just ridiculous ! For starters, where is LeChuck's skeleton crew ? And then the part with the three piratestories wich was completely redundant and for me felt as filler puzzles that had nothing to do with the story. The only nice thing was the appearence of the Screaming Narwhal and it's captain wich was just brilliant ! And when you finally reach Deep Gut it all gets better and I started really enjoying the game. But for me it could in no way live up to Curse of - or even Escape from Monkey Island

I liked the second one a lot better though, thought 3D worked real well for Spinner Cay, gave it a real fantasy look. And can't wait for Chapter 3. Apparantly Murray is gonna make an appearence. Maybe I will get the Curse of MI feeling back after all