Thread: Three Questions
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 10:05 AM   #2835
Squinky
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriartyL View Post
Yes, I absolutely do. And for the record, that's not a "scientific concept", it's a theory. Which I don't hold by. I believe that men and women are mentally exactly the same, and that all differences in behavior come from either physical differences or (more usually) differences in how they're treated by society. There's a huge discrepancy between how harshly we treat men, and how condescendingly we treat women. The theory of evolutionary roles is just propagating sexist stereotypes and should not be given legitimacy.
Yes! This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriartyL View Post
  1. What skill of yours do you value least?
  2. What skill of yours do you value most?
  3. What was the last time someone surprised you with a skill you didn't expect of them?
1. I try to value all of my skills to some degree, but I admit to being less partial to skills that almost everyone has, versus skills that make me more unique. For instance, I can cook, but so can many other people, and a significant number of those people are better at cooking than I am.
2. Game design, because I've dedicated my livelihood to it.
3. I still continue to express very pleasant surprise when a man demonstrates that he's in touch with his emotions.

1. How nurturing are you?
2. How dominant are you?
3. Do you think we, as a society, have much use for the concept that some people are "typical" and other people are "exceptions"?