View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 05:43 PM   #80
Elephant

As for me, Gabriel Knight series has been really my best game since then. I played GK 1 the first time in 1996, and it did attract my attention at the first place due to its mysterious, thrilling and somewhat creepy plot. Especially, I most liked Jane Jensen’s description of religious legends, for instance Templar Knights in GK 3. Maybe its graphic can’t compare to the best-quality images of newly-published games, but at the point I played it, every other game had the same as it did.

What made GK so outstanding and different from other games of the same genre at the time are obviously its really awesome storyline, special layout of time and brilliant puzzles as others said. When I played Black Mirror, I realized this game had borrowed some details in GK, for example the main character had weird, terrible dreams of murders each day, which is similar to the case of Gabriel in Part 1. I do admire Ms Jensen’s creativity in her games so much, and that’s why I’m looking forward to her upcoming “Gray Matter” so much.