View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 02:24 AM   #68
AndreaDraco83

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origami View Post
A lot of dialog to go through and any kind of interaction with any item results to new comments by that voodoo lady. Also...so many locations to go to in the beginning...if only Gabriel could run. Anyway I am sure I will return to this game. I am going to play some other games first.
First of all, she's not a voodoo lady. Quite the contrary: the external narrator was supposed to sound like a Creole grandmother. And I, for one, found her voice outstanding - after all, we're talking about Virginia Capers, an extremely talented actress who was also the recipient of a Tony Award for Best Actress, for her Broadway performance in Raisin.

As for the locations: it's true, they are many, fortunately. The game doesn't content itself with presenting the player only with the few locations strictly necessary to proceed. It tries to recreate a virtual world, whose life was well-adjusted even before the player stepped into said world. But, if you read your newspaper everyday and ask Grace for messages everyday, the direction you should take is pretty clear.

@ Fantasy. I'm baffled by your opinion upon the story: I mean, between the graphic novel (which is bound to be present in the boxed version of the game, and in the collection), the animated intro and the opening dialogue between Gabriel and Grace, there's in this game a bigger story than the vast majority of the adventures I've tried after that pivotal year, 1999.
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box