View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 09:45 AM   #23
JemyM

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamandMax View Post
Yeah, that part was brutal, and there are dozens of moments like that in the game. It seems like they were compensating for the lack of difficulty in the first four games by making this one ridiculously hard. The second boss you fight, that giant doll thing, is easily one of the most frustrating moments I've ever had playing a game. And the weird thing about the difficulty in the game is the fact that it gets easier as it goes along. If you manage to survive the first half without breaking your controller, you'll zoom past the second half because the enemies get so much easier and they give you way more supplies. I still really liked the game but it may be the only Silent Hill I never replay simply because I don't want to deal with the insane difficulty again.
Yeah I remember... at that point you had boosted your stamina quite a lot, and you had plenty of ammo making the game easier. But in the hotel you pretty much have an ammopack and an axe, and you have to get through bugs (annoying), chase down like two postcards, kill 4-5 needlers and 3 nurses, and all that in one sitting, unless you returned half through all the way back down to the savepoint... which I eventually did. On the good side, I got extremely good at killing needlers after that.