View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 01:46 PM   #3585
DustyShinigami
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 View Post
I'd choose it over the awful Twilight without the slightest doubt
Well, that's certainly good to know at least.

Quote:
but I'd choose Interview with the Vampire over Let the Right One In with even less doubt. Or Francis Ford Coppola's Dracula or, when it comes to TV, True Blood. I guess I like my vampires melancholic, decadent and tormented, like Louis
See I'm completely the opposite there. Now, I like Interview with the Vampire and Francis Ford Coppola's Dracula just fine, but LTROI wins my vote if I had a choice over which one to watch. LTROI moved me more than those movies and haunted my mind for days, weeks and even months. Just couldn't stop thinking about it. The two child actors, especially Lina Leandersson who played Eli, were fantastic imo. Haunting and mesmerizing. To me, the acting in those 2 movies (except Gary Oldman of course) feels a bit wooden/campy. And although I did/do feel sorry for Louis, the characters in IWTV don't really grab me. They came off as a bit melodramatic.

Still, I can understand it if you like your vampires melancholic, decadent and tormented.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour