View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 01:02 PM   #3583
DustyShinigami
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 View Post
I'm currently watching Let the Right One In, which in Italian goes under the title of Lasciami Entrare (= let me in)...

... OK, now I finished it. I'm underwhelmed and quite disappointed. While the film is not bad, I found that it lacked any real substance. I found an 'exterior' movie, who did something quite good (the representation of the beast inside the vampire, via sound effects mainly; the cinematography; the last shot which is simply genial), and something terrible (the writing; the pace; a direction that was undecided between gritty realism and magical surrealism).

All in all, I'd say 6 out 10, or maybe even 5.5
Shame you didn't enjoy it that much. I understand that this isn't a movie that everyone will appreciate/like. Personally, I absolutely love Let the Right One In. It's become one of my favourite films. I even went so far as to get a tattoo of Eli. As Roper Klacks said, the film is a breath of fresh air, especially compared to how stale the vampire genre is. I'm sick of all these mainstream/Hollywood vampire flicks, so this was just what I needed. Of course it did help that I read the novel first.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour