View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 10:20 PM   #7
seanparkerfilms

Monkey Island 5... not in the pipeline? Is that your way of calling Tales not a true sequel? Haven't gotten into it yet, but... well, it kinda really seems like MI5.

As to your inquiry, I am so enthralled by the characters and mythos of the Gabriel Knight trilogy (and so disappointed by its lack of a true and proper closing) that if I end up making enough money in my life to fund something as crazy as this plan, I would buy the rights to the franchise from Vivendi/Activision-Blizzard (whoever it is that owns them) and hand them over to Jane Jensen straight away. Honestly, I would. It's one of my lesser goals in life.

To a lesser extent, I am also eagerly awaiting the continuation of Dreamfall & The Longest Journey (apparently Tornquist wants to make Dreamfall Chapters AND The Longest Journey 2 — huzzah!) and perhaps a new Broken Sword, even though I never played 3 or 4 and thought 2 was mediocre.

Oh, and the canceled prequel to The Last Express. Can Jordan Mechner postpone his other videogame obligations and make this, please?