View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 05:13 AM   #9
Ascovel
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orient View Post
Well, his goal is to irritate the fans of whatever franchise he's reviewing and that's probably why he's remained so popular. The people that don't like the game get to laugh with him, while the people that do like the game get angry and frustrated. It's designed to spark discussion. I've seen some people take it too seriously, though -- these clearly aren't serious videos.

I read a blog recently, where the author was clearly annoyed at what Yahtzee had to say about a particular game, so he said, "Personally, I prefer my video reviews with American accents."
I wasn't thinking specifically about Zero-Punctuation, but mostly about a video mentioned by Terramax here were he pretty much says the gameplay in adventure games is crap and always was and we should be happy that they're quite dead by now and other genre have the money to invest both in storylines and in decent gameplay.

If that's just his style and not real opinion then, as I said, the validity of anything he says is put into question. What's the point in discussing someone's opinions when that person isn't honest about them?

Last edited by Ascovel; 09-03-2009 at 05:35 AM.