Thread: Three Questions
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 04:04 PM   #2824
MoriartyL
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

1. There are two sides to human nature. They sometimes conflict with each other, but neither one is in itself hard to understand.

First, you're trying to satisfy your body. So you'd like to get yourself into situations where you won't be hungry, where you're sitting comfortably, where you don't have to exert yourself. The important thing is comfort. Also, you'd like to see things that please your eye, and hear things that please your ear, and all that. You try to construct a model of behavior that'll keep you happy on this basic level.

Second, you're trying to find opportunities. Opportunities to talk, opportunities to think, opportunities to act. Anything that gets you the opportunity to do something is perceived as good, and anything that takes away opportunities to do things is seen as bad. The point of doing one action is to then be presented with two possible actions as a result. When you don't have opportunities, you try to get some. When you have opportunities, you make every effort to preserve them and then try to get more.

I truly believe that almost all human behavior is the result of these two basic patterns.

2. I don't make money.

3. Um, what? What does that mean? Like, if I was a baby once and family members sang me lullabies to get me to sleep, is that what you're talking about? I find it hard to believe that there's anyone who's never had anyone sing to them. Or are you speaking of a particular kind of song, like a love song or something? If you clarify your question, I'll clarify my answer.

===========================================
  1. What is the most distant relative you have that you're close to?
  2. What is the closest relative you have that you're distant from?
  3. Imagine the worst relative you could possibly have. (Not a real person, of course.) What would he or she be like?