View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 04:19 AM   #11
phredster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzoid View Post
Another one here that recommends you play them in order. When I first played GK1, the graphics put me off a little bit. But by my second playthrough, and gaining a better understanding of the story (thanks to the novel), the game grew on me and sucked me in. 1 and 2 have become favourites of mine and are in my Top 10.

For GK1 I use DOSBox. The installer, that Andrea has linked to, should be all you need. For GK2, the installer that copies all the files to the hard drive, therefore no need for disc swapping, is recommended. It's a great tool. The game runs perfectly fine under XP. I've not experienced any problems anyway.

Maybe it would be better if, like me, you buy them seperately instead of going for the expensive Mystery Pack. Just be sure to go for a 'budget range' copy of GK1 as this contains the CD-ROM. Don't make the mistake I made where I bought the original boxed version and found out it contained the floppy disks.

ok will do, but one question does it run STABLE under Dosbox? on this site they say that you get frequent crashes under XP, and what about Vista?