Thread: Audio Files
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 09:44 AM   #74
Squinky
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriartyL View Post
Squinky, I like the atmosphere you're getting but I'd like it more without the euphonium. It sounds more awkward than the other voices and hogs the spotlight. And I don't care much for the bounciness toward the end; it seems like it's a bit out of character for the piece. The beginning with the guitar strongly reminds me of the music from Eternal Sunshine for the Spotless Mind, but you probably haven't even seen that and it's just a standard guitar part. Anyway, it's got potential.
Thanks for the critique, Mory. Many of the things you point out were done deliberately for personal stylistic reasons, and I realise I can't completely please everyone; however, since you're a gifted musician and all, I'm glad you at least saw something to like in the piece. As for Eternal Sunshine, I actually own that movie, and this isn't the first time something I wrote has been compared to a Charlie Kaufman film.

And thank you everyone else who commented favourably!

I have yet to meet any guys through choir, (at least, guys who aren't unavailable and WAY TOO OLD for me...) but I do find a nice singing voice very attractive.