View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 11:58 AM   #13
AndreaDraco83

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

I finally finished the first Phoenix Wright. I began playing months ago, than my exams got in the way and then the last case almost convinced me to stop playing for good. Now I've finished it, and I want to share a few thoughts.

First, the last case, Rise from the Ashes. I found it really boring and unnecessary long (the whole part with Meekins was just plain dull, in my opinion), and it only gets better near the end, during the last day of trial. My problem with it is that it felt too exaggerated, too convoluted for its own sake and it bordered dangerously on completely unbelievable and far-fetched. Plus, I must admit that, as much as I liked Ema, I missed Maya

The previous four cases are good and the fourth one, the one about Edgeworth, is really great: I enjoyed it immensely. And this brings up another point: I absolutely adore Edgeworth!

What's bad in this? Well, nothing per se, but considering how much I like Edgeworth and how much I like Maya, I can't help but wonder: why, on the contrary, Phoenix Wright himself leaves me pretty cold? He can endearing and even amusing from time to time, but it's almost like he lacks something. I know that the third game heavily features his past, so I'm looking forward to it - maybe then I'll like Mr. Wright more than now

I've changed the title of this thread, so that it can serve as a place to discuss the series as a whole. And I'll start asking everyone who played the games: who's your favorite character?
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box