View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 09:59 AM   #19
Marduk

Location: You want to know where I live? Are you some kind of stalker?
Send a message via MSN to Marduk Send a message via Yahoo to Marduk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28 View Post
Did Loom have such a huge following that it is feasibly economical to make a sequel to it?
I never played the original, I didn't even own a PC when it came out, but I would like to see some of the marketing data concerning this game. Most hardcore fans of the genre seem to love it as much as any other AG. From what I see the biggest complaint was probably the length and, if Dave Grossman got his way, TTG would indeed be the ideal home for it.

But hell, with the success of TTG I think we're likely to see other companies imitate their online distribution model. Who knows, with lucasarts showing signs of relenting its anti-AG stance (since Darrell Rodriguez took charge) we might even see them put out a few. If so LOOM would probably be among them.

While they may or may not be working on LOOM in the future, I found this while researching the matter. I found it amusing, after all the repeatedly denied they were making a new Monkey Island game until they announced that, not only were they going to do one, but it would be ready within a month or so.

My opinion is that we're quite likely to see both titles from TTG in the next few years, UNLESS LA decide they want to get back into adventure gaming after all.

Last edited by Marduk; 08-16-2009 at 10:04 AM.