Thread: Three Questions
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 01:35 AM   #2782
Fantasysci5
Stalker of Britain

Okay, I want to jump into this conversation as a girl's perspective.

I am very self conscious and for a long time, I thought I wasn't worthy of love, since I never got much guy attention, and when I did, they treated me like crap. And if you look in the "What Do You Look Like" thread, I'm not too bad looking. My Louie was pretty shy, and self conscious, and after we had started flirting more, I was the one to kind of ask him if he was going to ask me out. He is the hottest guy in the world to me, although a lot of my friends say he isn't really anything to drool over. But I love him so much, and had a crush on him the first moment I met him (even though I was with someone else... but he was treating me like crap), that looks aren't everything to me. He is so sweet to me, more than any other guy I've ever been with, always telling me how beautiful I am and helping my low self esteem. So, I think what I'm trying to say, is that it doesn't matter too much if you're shy, geeky, or even not good looking (not that I'm saying anyone here is ) that if you get time to get to know the person, it'll be maybe more likely for something to happen then expecting a girl to ask you out of the blue.

I am very self conscious, always putting myself down, and I think I'm geeky since I like games. I, for the longest time, thought I wasn't likable, so I think I may be a "shy, geeky girl", and I found my shy, geeky guy. Just become friends first, and ease your way into it.

Sorry for that kind of tangent. Now for the questions;

1. I think movies are more fit for drama. In games, especially if it's a cartoon, I just feel a little more detatched from it then a movie. You can get more emotion from actors in a movie, when (usually) the characters in the games have pretty bland faces, and don't show much emotion, especially real emotion.

2. Strategy is more itnersting to me, because I'm quite bad with solving puzzles. I like to think what could happen, and make strategies than try to solve a puzzle I don't get in the first place. Now, if you're talking about which game I prefer, it would be puzzles. I get a little tired of RTS, unless the story is amazing.

3. I wouldn't go very far into getting someone to like something I like. I'm a right wing fighter I think, I'll argue until the person at least sees my point of view, which stubborn people never do. But I'm very self conscious, as I've said, and I'd think they're judging me for what I like if they don't like it. So I give them the recommendation, hold my breath, and apologize profusely if they don't like it. lol

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see Maq had already posted. The next person can just answer his questions then.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes