View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 03:43 PM   #8
Marduk

Location: You want to know where I live? Are you some kind of stalker?
Send a message via MSN to Marduk Send a message via Yahoo to Marduk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
What the f... ?!?!!!

Nobody messes with Loom and any sequels except BRIAN MORIARTY !!!
They got Ron Gilbert to consult on TMI, I don't doubt they'd get Mr. Moriarty to consult on any LOOM games.

As for whether TTG are likely to make a sequel... Well if they really wanted to I imagine they've already looked into the chances of setting up a negotiation. But if they were to get the rights then LucasArts do have this habit of making other companies they deal with sign non -disclosure agreements (or whatever else it might be called that basically amounts to the same thing).

Look at Bad Brain when they tried to get the rights to Sam & Max. Nobody really knows why LucasArts broke off negotiations but many people suspected it was down to Wolfgang dropping some less than subtle hints about what it could be. (I think he said something about a game involving a certain animal team, or something along those lines. Seriously, how many other popular AGs had animals as their main protagonists?)

So it’s entirely possible that discussions between LA and TTG are already under way. Hell, I suppose it’s even possible that all deals have been finalised (or are in the process of finalisation) and the TellTale team are in the first stages of planning.

(On the flip side there's a chance that talks have broken down and Lucas' are not interested in selling or leasing the rights to them for any reason. But let's not be negative).