Thread: Three Questions
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 12:16 PM   #2770
Hammerite
kamikaze hummingbirds

These questions seem aimed at me, so I give them my (not that fantastic) answers!!

1. I can't speak for all shy, geeky guys - but I personally get very nervous and awkward around anyone I don't know, and the traits I show aren't those I want to put across to someone who I like in 'that' way.
I find I'm cool talking to pretty much anyone as long as they talk to me in a nice and non-patronising way, but I can't expect anyone to just realise that I'm shit at initiating conversation.

2. It occurs to me - especially having recently watched 'Eagle vs. Shark' - but I've only met one girl who was like that (we kind of hit it off in a shy and awkward way), but unfortunately she was only in school for a year.

3. As I said, I personally have difficulty with most people - moreso with people I'm attracted to, so it probably wouldn't be easier. Given some people's reaction to homosexuality, it would likely be harder.
____

1. What was the last film/book/record/whatever to have a profound effect on you?

2. How do the societies and clubs in a university (this may only really apply to UK forumites, sorry if that's the case) help to develop friendships and stuff?

3. How is it that there are so many creative and expressive people who, in their private lives, are known to be extremely shy?