Thread: I hate puzzles.
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 10:37 PM   #89
Henke
Headbanger

First of all (although I believe it has already been mentioned in this thread), games are suppose to be interactive. If storytelling is all that you're after then reading a book or watching a movie is much better.

I agree with the threadstarter in that there are a lot of adventuregames where the puzzles feel less engaging and more like filling. But that isn't something that is unique for adventures IMO. The same qualities in regards of characters and stories can be found in other genres (which has also been mentioned already). I think that the same flaws can also be found elsewhere. There are equal amounts (if not more) of RPGs, FPSs etc. where you do the same things way to many times for it to feel meaningful (and fun).

In other words, games are suppose to give us many hours of entertainment and as a result there are very few that succeds all the way through. That goes for all genres and types of gameplay.

I believe that the best games in the future will be the ones that aren't bound to the rules of a certain genre and can have different types of gameplay depending on the situation in the story.

Last edited by Henke; 08-10-2009 at 10:43 PM.