View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 12:53 PM   #4244
Jazhara7
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Dear Aggie,

This morning at 1:30 Thomas and I returned from the M'era Luna festival, fell into our bed, deathly tired, but happy after a great festival. We saw great bands like Krypteria (though they really have to work on their song announcing. Simply pronouncing it dramatically just doesn't cut it. Though that might have been due to the fact that they didn't have all that much time to present a number of songs overall. Oh, and they played mostly less soft toned songs at the festival. But "Ignition" isn't on YouTube. Also, some of you, at least in Germany, might know at least one song by them, Liberatio which was used for a benefit single for the tsunami victims in 2004.), Blutengel (watch the video. This is a band where some people just come to see the stage show, and not always because of the music. Oh, and what was particularly cute was that at the end, after the last song, the singer went back to the microphone and said "We don't actually want to finish yet...sooo, if you scream "Encore!" now, we'll sing a bit more." Ah, those Gothics. Much toon well educated. ), Oomph!, Apocalyptica, Nightwish (though this was the band I really, really wanted to see, I didn't actually stay long to *see* them. Our tent was located so well that we could hear most bands very well from there. So we left in the middle of the second song, because it was one of the old songs. Why? Well, even though I love the old songs very much, they have a new singer, and of course she doesn't sound much like their old one. Thomas and I just couldn't get over the fact that she was singing everything one octave too low than we were used to. This is what we have ingrained in our brains. This is what we heard. I have nothing against Anette, but we can't listen to her singing the old songs. New songs are alright, but for the old songs it must be Tarja's voice. Not to say Anette's version isn't nice either, but it's just not the same.), Welle:Erdball (Didn't stay too long for this one. They were playing in the airport hangar, but they would have been well at home on the main stage, judging by how crammed the hangar was. It was so crammed, that when someone started smoking I simply had to leave, because there was simply no escape.) Schelmish (sadly they didn't play my favourite song though.), [/url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMwe8zZg9j0]L'Ame Immortell[/url], The Crüxshadows, Grendel (Another one in the Hangar. Not as full as the other one, but still well visited. Also, very loud. We left the Hangar after some time and listened from outside. Also, that's not an official video in case you are wondering.), Subway to Sally, and last but not least, "The Prodigy". We left in about the middle of the performance because I was so tired I could hardly keep on my feet, and we wanted a head start on all the other people that would be leaving that evening (though a huge number seemed to simply stay overnight that day. There were more tents left than had been removed that day. O.o ). Still, we heard the prodigy all the way to the parking lot, which was at least 2 km away from the stage - so we kind of ended up hearing most of it anyway. Overall, it was a great festival.

In other news, I just went to J-list with the intention of buying a Nendoroid because I was feeling an itch to add another over-cutefied figure to my computer desk, and to cheer me up because my last one didn't arrive . However, I left J-list with a full set of Genki learning materlials ordered, so I could finally get to down to properly learning japanese. I hope these keep up to their promise.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!