View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 12:37 PM   #143
nonax

Quote:
Nothing. Well... hardly anything. It's not a very good review, IMO. Chaotic, rambling, too long, goes on and on about the lovely graphics..
Well, there's more to the review than that, although it requires A LOT of reading to discover it

Like the official site we only get to know that Sadwick is a sad clown that has to rescue the world, and in doing so meets interesting characters and travels an enchanted world.
From the review we also learn that Sadwick starts of as a sad little clown with little self-esteem. During the adventure his/her/it's(?) character grows and gets more secure and brave. This is all supported with excellent animation (according to the reviewer), showing lots of different moods and expressions in both the characters face as body language.
Sadwick is also a loveable character that you on occasion - and I quote - would want to hold in your arms and comfort
A compelling story the review concludes...

Sadwick also has a sidekick - Spot; a green caterpillar. Spot is Sadwicks best friend (and pet) and there friendship is more than ones confirmed by an intense hug (and I quote again ). More interesting is that Spot has several talents of it's own which can be used to solve several puzzles in the game.

The puzzles themselves are varied, reaching from inventory-based to logical. The game also has for the first time since long real dialog puzzles, meaning you have to find out the right things to say. The difficulty of the puzzles grow during the adventure and should also be interesting for the experienced gamer in the reviewers opinion.

Gameplay should be straight forward with an action menu under the left button and the inventory under the right button. The spacebar reveals all hot spots. There are around 60 different scenes to explore which should take 15 hours to complete.

The reviewer - Benjamin Braun - concludes with (free translation ahem): "I have fully enjoyed my time in the whispered world. Graphically TWW has convinced me, gameplaywise in variation and balance, with it's humoristic and well written dialogs, have drawn me deeper in to the adventure than I expected in the beginning."

So the game has at least one big fan. Now I'm convinced too, might not even wait for the English version