View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 09:45 PM   #15
SoccerDude28
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
Are you mad because the games you yourself wanted aren't being produced? That's understandable and I can empathize. Unfortunately it's the nature of the business and we all know the business of games is hugely different from how it was 10 or even 5 years ago. The market's shifted here and there and new markets have emerged, and all that naturally influences how games are designed.
I'm not mad just disappointed Mainly because Beyond Good and Evil is a brilliant game and the announced sequel was being developed by the same visionary behind the first game, Michel Ancel. As far as my rant about the rest of their games goes, I just haven't been satisfied with the games they have put out as of late as I was satisfied when I played Beyond Good and Evil and Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. Not sure what drove them for these radical design changes. It is probably like you said a huge market shift, with the success of the Wii, but from my experience, they are not as good of games as their predecessors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post

I know I'm gonna do my part and get AC2 and SC:C, they're looking damn sexy in the previews. Besides, I want me some hot Sam Fisher fixins. You know how much I "sympathize" with him. Heh heh...
SC:C is definitely looking good, but it is not my cup of tea, for the simple reason that I suck at stealth games. The only stealth game I ever finished was Metal Gear Solid, but I played that one mainly for the whacky story and over the top boss battles than the gameplay itself.

Firefox rules