View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 07:53 AM   #146
TiAgUh
handsome

What have you both read from Alan Moore and Grant Morrison? It's hard to see how works like Watchmen or Morrison's All-Star Superman (or even Moore's 2000AD: The Ballad of H. Jones) didn't impressed you at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marduk View Post
(I've never read many DC titles until later on, mentioned below if you're still reading this post by that point, but I gather they employ a far more sensible tactic of 'starting over' every 15 years or so; creating a new origin story for characters and beginning their adventures again. I to admit that I don't speak from experience so please correct me if I'm wrong about this).
Guess you're talking about the Crisis events, dunno if its every 15years or so, i think they just do it when theres too much 'worlds' in the Multiverse which kinda gets confusing (too many versions of Flash and stuff).
The last real Crisis event was the weekly 52 i think (which was awesome btw ), Final Crisis (the most recent event from DC) wasn't about the Multiverse at all but the replacement of the New Gods, not 100% sure. One things for sure, something awesome happened :
Spoiler:
bye bye Bruce Wayne as Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriartyL View Post
It's a good comic, but I don't think it's one of the best things its writer (Brian K. Vaughan) has done.
Now there's one writer that i think is overrated as hell. I remember reading some reviews that said something like "Pride of Baghdad is as good as Watchmen" .. man what a waste of money, a graphic novel only saved by its art.

My only complain in comics is that when they die, they should stay dead.

Note: in this post i wasnt aware of Marduk's last post
EDIT: They live in their own world, costumes\powers are something they're used to. Why does that bother you so much? They know they look ridiculous , they often say it so.

Last edited by TiAgUh; 08-03-2009 at 08:04 AM.