View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 05:10 AM   #59
Marduk

Location: You want to know where I live? Are you some kind of stalker?
Send a message via MSN to Marduk Send a message via Yahoo to Marduk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manly One View Post
"Basket", as in, "bread basket", which is slang that can refer to either the abdominal region... or crotch area.
Ah. We keep our bread in bread bins.
Quote:
But I don't really want to know...
No, me either come to that.

Quote:
Seriously though... Hair?!

Jokes aside; I don't necessarily like or dislike Sam's outfit and choice of hairstyle.
"Jokes aside"? I have seen the humour in some of the things I've said on this thread but her earlier hair style was disgusting and repulsed me like no other representation of the female form has ever done before..

I've freely admitted this is irrational.
Quote:
I guess it will fit her persona and the "exaggerated" elements should visually complement a character's personality and their ensemble
What exaggerated elements? As people have already pointed out; she's a street magician.

Quote:
If we want to discuss blatant stereotyping
I wanted to talk about style with absolutely no regard for substance. In any case, I don't see how you can really stereo-typify a Goth (which she's not). It's just a trend that's become a kind of subculture, but no different to the larger sub cultures of those you'll see in your 'average' non-Goth related establishments. If you were to label her a fascist, communist, serial killer, junkie, or something far less serious like a student, lesbian or mildly autistic then those are real stereo-typical conclusions which should be avoided (even if she falls under one or more of those categories).

My outrage was quashed when I saw that her old, EVIL hair was gone and replaced with a far more tolerable do. I'm fine, now, and eagerly look forward to the game.