View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 11:25 PM   #58
Manly One

"Basket", as in, "bread basket", which is slang that can refer to either the abdominal region... or crotch area. Make of that what you will. I guess it depends on what was actually being referred to here.

But I don't really want to know...

Seriously though... Hair?!

Jokes aside; I don't necessarily like or dislike Sam's outfit and choice of hairstyle. I guess it will fit her persona and the "exaggerated" elements should visually complement a character's personality and their ensemble, as mentioned by Danga, will magnify their unique traits. I don't mind if it's considered stereotypical because I have a feeling Jane Jensen has written these characters in such a way that will make many aspects of their personalities contradict, for the better, any set idea about stereotypes.

You know, ever since Sam's concept art was released, she reminded me straight away of , Abby, the Goth girl, in the TV series, NCIS.

If we want to discuss blatant stereotyping, what about David looking like a rip-off of the Phantom of the Opera? Can we imagine what his personality will really be like, from the sketchy info we have? How many contradictions will there be, do you think, in how he actually operates if we look past his appearance?

Last edited by Manly One; 08-01-2009 at 11:46 PM.