View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 05:00 PM   #994
Fantasysci5
Stalker of Britain

So, after the disappointing playthrough of Kings Quest 3 and all of that, I've just finished the 4th Kings Quest, "Perils of Rosella". I LOVE it! At first, just judging by the premises, I thought I'd like the 3rd one more. A slave that must escape, all that angst. But the gameplay made me pull my hair out. Now this game, about a girl going to get a fruit, didn't really thrill me. But oh boy.

Playing a girl was wonderful. I'm not one of those feminists who like to play girls. I actually like playing boys more than girls, except for April Ryan of course, but this was just enchanting. It was nice to be a girl in this fantasy world, and they could slip more fairy tales dealing with girls in. I love how these "Kings Quest" games sneak all kinds of references in about fairy tales. And I loved her hair, and how it swung back and forth...she was so pretty.

Now I died every second trying to go up those darn stairs, but with a lot of saves, I got past them. What I love about this game that the previous games didn't really do, was that I actually made an attachment with a character. In the earlier games, all of the supporting characters (besides who you played) were 1-dimensional. But in this one, I fell in love with Edward, and how shy he was. Now, the ending got me sad, since
Spoiler:
she wouldn't marry him, so someone please tell me he comes back and they do. lol
The next game, did this too, with me falling in love with Cedric. Which makes me always surprised when everyone says they didn't like him.

So anyway, I much more enjoyed this Kings Quest.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes