View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 08:19 AM   #17
millenia
She Wants Revenge

Have to agree with other posters. TLJ is a very good game (one of my favourites) and suitable for girls. I still haven't finished Grim Fandango since it kept crashing back in the day but I have it waiting for the future playthrough. Still Life is truly a masterpiece of what murder hunting mystery should be. Curse of Monkey Island is the most appoachable of the Monkey Islands since it has clear and still pretty graphics but hasn't lost the humour or 1 and 2. Though the remake of the first one might be a good choice too. (Haven't tried it myself yet.)

My all time favourite AG is Discworld Noir though. I have only played the first GK and DoTT more times than that and they only win because of the age difference. (Both of those games are great too, Gabriel Knight - Sins of Fathers is a mystery with a bit of humour while Day of the Tentacle is a whacky fun adventure with multiple characters.) Discwolrd Noir can be played without knowledge of the Discworld series, it might give something more to those who have read the books but I think I had read only one if that by the time I played it and it was still amazing experiment. Funny, interesting and logical. Sequels to GK are good too.

Broken Sword series is good, though only the two first pieces stand up, and the first in particular. Secret Files (1&2) are somewhat similar, they have a super smooth user interface and they're not too long, so those might be suitable too. They have a few far fetched puzzles though but that's not really anything new to adventure games.

I myself started with Loom on Amiga500 and went through Larrys and after some more Sierra experience I found the Lucas adventures which in general are better (though Sierra has some great jewels there too). And yeah, almost forgot, I'm a girl too. Introduced to gaming very young by my 5 years older brother.