View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 03:43 PM   #4
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeLXXXVIII View Post
I wouldn't say I am too keen on point and click adventure games on the psp with pad controls. However I am very interested in these visual novels they never seem to get out of japan. If they would be more interested in localizing if it just goes online.
LOL, then stop trying to make point & click adventure games for the PSP with pad controls! Why shove yourself back inside the box when you expand to a new platform? Think more progressively in terms of design. Make the game play so that we players can navigate through the game world by using another kind of interface besides p&c.

On the iPhone, for example, the entire p&c interface is replaced by, you guessed it, your fingertips! And I'm sure on the PSP a different and efficient system can be thought up.

But naturally, you can even throw flat 2D graphics out and replace them with beautiful real time 3D worlds where the character can, say, turn her head to look at things of interest and that's your clue to investigate further.

There are many possibilities to explore beyond p&c, why shove yourself back in the box?

Quote:
But sure digital distribution gives it a fair chance!
And that is the reality of digital distribution!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien