View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 04:06 PM   #4115
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

Dear Blog Thingy,

Nanay came into my room and cried that she was going be all alone and helpless while I'm in San Francisco for a week doing the AIDS Walk and being with friends. I scolded her for it, reminded her that I asked her 2 months ago if she wanted to go with me and she can stay with my oldest sister's in the east bay, 35 minutes from S.F. She refused, saying she can't stand my brother-in-law, he's mean, etc.

Then I reminded her - several times - that she had the opportunity to tag along with my brother D to Chicago when he leaves on Thursday on business and she can visit her daughters and grandchildren while I was also out of town for that week. She refused.

And now my sister in Chicago just text messaged me stating that she herself asked Nanay to tag along with D, and still Nanay refused.

Now she's going to be 'stuck' at D's house (5 minutes away) with her daughter-in-law who she doesn't like but is at least cordial with and she claims she'll be all alone and helpless, even though my niece L will be there too (she's on summer break).

Blog Thingy, old parents are so f#&king high maintenance.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien