View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 03:09 PM   #57
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

Well, Sam Lake did state that they'll see what they can do about a PC version after the release for the 360. It's not like they said "absolutely never".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roper Klacks View Post
That really pisses me off. A game originally for PC, made by PC developers, now completely "consolified" with Microsoft money, and their desperate need for an exclusive. There are even rumours that they had to change a lot of the open world mechanic to be able to run well on the console. Such a shame. Oh well... thats the way the industry works nowadays, not even Remedy is a safe bet.
I feel your pain. However, it being originally a PC release shouldn't necessarily be a justification for including a PC version, at least according to the decisions at Remedy and Microsoft. They make their decisions on things like fiscal viability and other technicalities.

Remember, the games industry is a business. I'm thinking this game is costing several millions if not tens of millions to produce. Even if we think it doesn't cost that much to port to PC, we still need to consider logistics like cost of physical packaging and marketing, which adds to the already huge budget for this game.

The biggest install base is the Xbox according to Microsoft, who is funding the game and publishing it, not according to the game's fans, and hopefully the game will do impressively enough to merit a PC port after its release on the console.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien