View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 10:18 PM   #23
kadji-kun
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadefalcon View Post
Eh...no it doesn't. I'm buying a normal retail game I much prefer to buy a physical copy. However, sites like GOG.com are bringing games on the digital download market that are either extremely rare or next to impossible to buy nowadays, unless you either strike lucky in a second hand games store or you are willing to pay silly money on sites like Ebay.

It's practicality, plus the GOG releases are optimised to work with todays OS's. The difference is with modern games. Example, I bought the disc with the otherwise available downloadable content for Fallout 3. It's been available on Games for Windows Live for a while, but I prefer a physical copy. In the case of the GOG stuff, its due to lack of choice.
Actually it is. In reality buying the box is only a fetish. There is no real point to owning a physical copy because systems like GOG and Steam stay without you until the account is closed. It outlasts physical copies. Its also wasted space. I'm talking on a factual level and not opinion. Its only practical if want it to be practical, but Digital Copies are a lot more practical than physical copies.