View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 10:43 AM   #73
kadji-kun
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastebud View Post
its teh other way around i believe. i also read the book back in the day cause i was such a dig fan
I read somewhere that Alan wrote it to be a movie, but it wasn't bought because the script for Armageddon was chosen (Another film where humans go up to an asteroid to prevent it from destroying earth, lol). So then it became a game.

The book and the game are actually quite different.

This is as close to what I read before:
Quote:
An impressive list of people worked on the game: The project leader was LucasArts' Sean Clark, Industrial Light and Magic created some of the CG imagery, it is based on a story idea by Steven Spielberg and has writing credits for Spielberg, author Orson Scott Card (who wrote the dialogue), and the well-known interactive fiction author Brian Moriarty (whose previous Lucas engagement was with Loom).

The Dig was originally conceived by Spielberg as an episode of Amazing Stories (and later as a film), but was concluded to be prohibitively expensive. During the game's release, the director did not deny the possibility of making it into a movie. However, over a decade later, no progress has been made on a film version of the story.

Last edited by kadji-kun; 07-09-2009 at 10:49 AM.