View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 06:41 AM   #965
DustyShinigami
The Quiet One

Sam & Max Save the World (XBLA):

4/5

A very good port of the PC version. Using a mouse is much better for this sort of game, but using the analog stick actually wasn't too bad and the cursor moved quicker than i expected. Episodes themselves are just as good and funny as the PC version.
Criticisms would be the loading times (although they weren't too bad), but mainly some stuttering issues from time-to-time.

John Woo Presents Stranglehold

3.5/5

A good action game. The sequel to an influential Chinese action movie called Hard Boiled, which i've now purchased after reading good things about it. I first played this game round a friends' house. My main criticism still applies now as it did then - it's quite repetitive. There is a plot, unlike a lot of action games nowadays, which serves the game fine, but it's nothing to get excited about.
The bullet-time is good fun to use. Even though Max Payne is the first action game to implement this gameplay mechanic, i think Stranglehold improves it and makes it better to use. Although, Max Payne wins because of its story, which is handled much better thanks to the way it's told via comic strips.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour