View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009, 04:51 AM   #39
Gonzosports
never stops believin'

I have played third person adventure games, and a fair amount of RPGs, and I have to say that unequivocally using a keyboard/mouse with Dreamfall is the worst control scheme I have ever seen.

So far, Zoe has been unable to recognize that her friend is right in front of her, been unable to pick up her cellphone, and then, inexplicably, in a fight, she was not able to throw punches/kick. All she could do was block.

But...the worst, is the FIELD SCAN. Talk about an immersion-kill. Imagine spending your life, and you want to access the fridge, you must stand up straight and slowly scan left to right until FRIDGE AQUIRED.

The game is pretty - and one of the small touches I enjoy about both TLJ and Dreamfall is the effort put into making you feel like these people have real lives. I can only play about 10 minutes at a time, though - it just isn't fun because of the controls, it does play like an interactive movie, but on a DVD that keeps skipping, and you need to pull out and wipe every four minutes.