View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 06:02 PM   #4019
Fantasysci5
Stalker of Britain

So much planning!! I'm so full of anticipation and stress, but I'm loving (almost) every minute of it. Louie said he'd go with him, since he was worried about me travelling alone, bless 'em. He's so sweet, I love him for doing this for me. Money's going to be a little tight, so I'm helping to pay part of his way.

Right now, I'm looking online for all those little, and big, expenses for my England trip, which I'm going to be taking next May for 2 weeks! I'm finally doing it, and it feels so wonderful.

Now, I've never travelled before, so I'm at a bit of a loss for some of this, so if any of you have recommendations or helpful ideas, please don't hesitate to tell me.

I've found a website on Britrail, which is an unlimited railway pass for only tourists for around England, which looks perfect. I think I can get on any train. I'm really wanting to stay around Cornwall, where some of Jonathan Boakes' games were created. I've been looking into Bed & Breakfasts, but are looking for something cheap. And I get confused when looking at the tariffs, because the price is for a room with a double bed, so they expect I might be sharing the room/bed with Louie. So is the price they listed for both of us to pay separately, or do we both only have to pay that price listed? Aaah so confusing!!!

Not sure about plane tickets, food (we're only going to eat out a few times, the rest Bed and Breakfasts and getting stuff from the grocery store), and bus tickets, but hopefully I can afford these.

And speaking of the man, I'm going to be able to actually meet Jonathan Boakes, Emma Harry, Matt Clark, and our very own, LQ!!! I'm so excited.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes