View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 03:12 PM   #30
booB
Junior Mint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Yes, the controls were hard to use, but the game was so amazing, it was worth it. And I agree, that stupid troll in the caves was so hard, I used a walkthrough to make sure I didn't accidently run into him.
Heh, the troll was one of my favorite parts of the game. Granted, I'm a veteran of games like Beyond Good & Evil and Prince of Persia T2T, which use (simplistic) stealth as a large part of the gameplay, so I'm more used to it than the average adventure gamer. But I had little or no trouble with the troll, and I thought it served to add a much-needed sense of urgency and excitement to a game with very little gameplay otherwise.

Spoiler:
All you had to do was keep glancing down the main corridor, and if you got a glimpse of the "small" troll, you just had to hide behind a pillar until he went by. And if he did see you and called the "big" troll, you had plenty of time to run to a hiding place and hide until he left. There were at least five or six places where you could successfully hide from the "big" troll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Her voice and Wonkers were my absolute favorites in the game.
Oh well, each to his own
Wonkers was great because he was so creepy. He would say all this serious, foreboding stuff, in a serious voice, and the whole time, the Watilla had a great big smile on his face.

But I sense that I'm getting off topic. So I'll throw this in there: If you do a lot of PC gaming, whether you generally prefer keyboard/mouse or not, a $20-$30 USB game controller is a good investment. Nobody enjoys using the keyboard for every game. Mine is a $20 Logitech controller, which mimics a PS2 controller, minus the rumble feature (which you can get on the $30 version). Plus, the buttons and axes are 100% programmable, so it can even be used for games that don't natively support game controllers. I programmed my game pad to work with Beyond Good and Evil, as well as Mass Effect, and it works perfectly, despite the fact that the games don't actually support it.