View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 11:22 AM   #26
nonax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toops144 View Post
Well my sister came up to me one day and urged me to play this game - promptly handing me the Limited Edition version.

Tried to install it but found it wasn't compatible with Vista and so never bothered. If even half the amount of effort was put into the game that was put into the game's security, I may take a look at it in a the year 2034

Am I missing out on a gem?
I had the same problem. There was no help to be found on the creators (fun-com), publishers (easy computing) nor the license holder (micro application). To make matters worse the localized website - dreamfall.nl - was taken off-line. Although, dreamfall.com was no help either! Finally I found an update for the protection software, the culprit of the problems. You can find it on star-force.com

The controls are indeed a pain. Especially if you are accustomed to playing other 3D games. What worked for me was to set the camera behavior for both pad and mouse to fixed behind and to invert the camera horizontal axis. Next to that I adjusted the sensitivity of the mouse. And lastely not playing other games with "wasd" controls to get used to Dreamfall's awkwardness.
Nevertheless I stopped playing the previous time (on Windows XP) after getting frustrated in a timed sequence with a monster in some caves..