View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 01:10 AM   #4012
LostQuixote
Fing-longer Inventor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
EDIT: So, as everyone knows, I've always wanted to go to England. I've saved up $3,000, and I only wanted to spend that on things I can only buy over there, in Britain; like special Red Dwarf stuff, etc. But that's a bit unrealistic, so I'm sure I have to use some of that money; for lodging, air plane ticket, and getting around over there, to see my beloved Cornwall. Food? Who needs food! lol So I was wondering, how much do you think a trip over there would cost, but not a long trip. Maybe a month, etc. I'm just hacing trouble seeing if I have enough money, what all I'd need to buy, etc. Anyone who's travelled, who's everyone but me, if you could help me out, I'd really apreciate it.
Well I havent travelled much but I do live near Cornwall and actually in Devon. You could stay in a Youth Hostel (they have one on dartmoor, which funnnily enough is near a blace called Bracken Tor ) which varies from place to place but costs about £10 a night. As for food depends on what you want to eat, as there's plenty of cheap food at supermarkets so you could probs get by on about £10 a day. Warm clothes I guess would help, and a waterproof maybe, its probably wetter than your used to over here. Getting trains and buses locally don't cost too much but getting up to places like london can be pricey. Oh and of course I have car (which hopefully I should be able to drive on my own next week) and will be living down in Cornwall from October so u could always just give me a shout As for plane fares and such I have no idea.