View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 04:55 AM   #4006
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Sevithiainen View Post
Dear blog,
It is 10.10 AM here in Amsterdam. I guess the sun is shining, but I can't see that, because I am working in my little windowless cellar room in the VU medical center where I'm doing my internship.
I am currently trying to control my nerves, who are complaining terribly about my end presentation of this afternoon. I can't disagree with them: I hate presenting as well.
I am supposed to tell the whole department about the research I have been doing the last 4 and a half months. That is not the most nerve-breaking part. Well, it is in a way, because it means presenting, meaning talking in front of people.

The worst part is that there will be people listening who all are experts in the field, way much more than I am, and some of them are capable of reducing research to a heap of nothingness with only a few sentences.
So yeah, reason enough for my nerves to freak out. What if it turns out that the work I have done all these months has been utter crap? What if I have to redo everything in the last month?
You know blog, the more I write, the more my nerves calm down. To more normal presentation standards, that is, I'll never be able to present without my voice rising 3 octaves and my hands shaking like I have had too much caffeine for one hour, but at least now I am almost certain my audience will not eat me.
Only 4 hours to go...
And, how did it go? If your work of the last four months had been utter crap you would have heard about it long ago. Tell us how it went!