View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 05:26 AM   #3480
UPtimist
Life and times of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henke View Post
Angels and Demons
I don't think it managed to capture the extreme tension from the book, there were some extremely good moments but it didn't really make it all the way. It got a little to bombastic at places where it didn't need to be. The ending was a little to clear on which characters that were suppose to be good or bad in this highly controversial conflict. But the movie is gorgeous and still really good. Looking forward to read and eventually see the next book/movie.
Could somebody please tell me: is the movie set before The Da Vinci Code as the book is or after, like for example a review here said and as so many in Finland seem to think (greatly thanks to very foolish advertising)?

Have to say, as a book (or "as a literary work") Angels and Demons was better in my opinion (although Da Vinci Code had a much more interesting backstory and hence perhaps more interesting), but based on the trailers and what little I've heard of the movie Angels and Demons is a bit more action-oriented, which would make (the premise) for a worse movie...