Old 06-10-2009, 03:47 PM   #3477
MystGirl
Occasionally around...

Send a message via Yahoo to MystGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post
Terminator Salvation

McG reboots the Terminator Franchise.

Christian Bale plays John Connor the resistance leader in the war against the machines. The year is 2018, the world has been destroyed in Judgement day and the remnants of humanity fight against Skynet.

For a summer blockbuster it's a hell of a lot of fun. Giant robots, explosions, gun battles etc etc

As a Terminator film it's better than No. 3, but not quite up to the first two movies. Sure it has lots of cool references (GnR song from T2, "Come with me if you want to live" and one kick ass "cameo") to keep most of the fans happy, but with a 12a rating it's not quite the post apocalyptic horror that they hinted at way back in the original.

Good popcorn munching fun though.

8/10

Ditto. I thought it was excellent.

I also liked Star Trek and Wolverine. (But I'm madly in love with Hugh Jackman so I had to see Wolverine for that reason alone.)

As far as recent movies... Land Of The Lost. Not as funny as it could have been but ok. (but I'm a sucker for Will Ferrell)

My Life In Ruins....with the actress from the My Big Fat Greek Wedding movie. It was a typical "chick flick" but enjoyable enough.

As far as rentals... Killshot with Mickey Rourke, Diane Lane, Thomas Jane... very good movie.