View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 09:55 AM   #21
Luna Sevithiainen
Pixiehunter

I guess Von Zell was way less cunning than the Black Wolf anyway, so an easier prey, especially for the combined efforts of a Schattenjäger and the Black Wolf himself, who has managed to outwit Christian Ritter, and besides that has many years of experience.

Von Glower himself had to be tricked in such a way that he would never guess (even with his years of experience and cunning and all that) that it was a trap. And who would expect an attack during an opera. Even more, what werewolf would expect to transform. Maybe the idea was that the forced transformation should get him off guard.

Still... One major flaw in Grace's plan: she locked the door from the box, but Von Glower (especially in wolf-form) easily jumps down from the box (I thought the to do list meant actually starpping Von Glower in his chair).
And maybe she herself should have had the gun. Or she should have told Leber about it (but he would likely not believe her, so logically she did not) or just anyone who knew about Von Glower who could easily shoot him upon transformation (because: how many people take a gun to an opera? ). Now everybody just stared in awe and did nothing, even Leber with the gun.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellardoor View Post
Oh, something just occurred to me: Is it perhaps established somewhere that a werewolf can only be killed while in wolf-form? That would explain the necessity of the opera, since normally a werewolf would only transform in situations that are favorable to him.
Indeed, that would explain things.
But I wonder...the "extra" a werewolf has is the practical immortality because of that quick tissue regeneration. Only those heart and brains that would kill it...Why would a werewolf in mere human form being even more immortal than in werewolf form?
Besides...I am not sure here, but wasn't Von Ralick burned after he was transformed back to human form? Or did he transform back to wolf before burning?

Last edited by Luna Sevithiainen; 06-07-2009 at 10:04 AM.