Thread: Recent Splurges
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 02:15 PM   #544
Jazhara7
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumgottist View Post
Shouldn't it be "Welle Gotik Treffen"? (confused)
Nope. It refers to a style of music, like "New Wave" for example.

Quote:
You'll have to explain that to me. They're stompy, and force you to take smaller steps, and are still amazingly comfortable? I thought the idea of comfortable footwear was something you can walk miles in and still feel good in. Something that makes it easier to walk in.

I can understand if you want to wear them because you think they're cool looking, but comfort? I'm not convinced. (Or do you mean amazingly comfortable, considering…)
Well, I wouldn't want to walk across a large city with these, though I've done that with some other, slightly less high boots, with a flat footbed about two weeks ago - and my feet only hurt because I had been walking all day, which they would have in most shoes. But there was no chafing or anything, so they were comfortable. I still wouldn't go trekking in them, of course.

In this case they're amazingly comfortable, considering they look quite uncomfortable. They are very comfortable, and don't hurt your feet even if you walk some time, which is a feat for a boot of this type, I believe - especially seeing as they are basically shoes you wear to go out, and not shoes you wear in everyday life. I just wore them to grocery shopping because I wanted to get used to them a bit (and because it's fun to get weird looks from all the people suddenly smaller than me. ).

As for stompy and forcing you to small steps, I meant that in the sense that they are loud and stompy, and you have to take small steps to keep people from thinking an elephant is approaching. It's more the noise, rather than the comfort that causes that. You can take normal steps without problems - they are not very heavy, even if they might not look like it.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!