View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 06:33 PM   #7
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzosports View Post
I haven't been on this forum that long, and this poll, and the "What are yout top 5/10/15 adventure games" and the inevitable "Adventure Genre is dead, what can we do?" threads seem to be the most common.
That's 'cause there are a lot us out there who are fed up with the stale, redundant, and frankly boring state of adventure games today. And I had written that article 5 years ago, ending it on an upbeat note. And today - well, nothing's changed really. It's not dead, but its current state, I argue, renders it zombie-like. A walking dead.

Anyway, this thread topic, too, has been discussed many times in the past. Seems the same concerns crop up over and over.

BTW, furthering the topic, I wonder how certain games would be like if they were re-made in a different perspective. Say, Gabriel Knight 3 in first person or strictly over-the-shoulder direct control 3rd person (like Splinter Cell: Conviction)?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien