View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 06:32 AM   #3
tastebud

My feedback so far:

This seems very good so far

Pro:
-You can see Watson actually follow you now, rather than just appearing behind you; free switching between First and Third person view (i always play first person )
-Space bar now highlights all usable items in the vicinity which is very helpful (if i remember correctly the other sherlock holmes games didnt have that)
-darker atmosphere than SH vs. Lupin
-good deduction mechanic where you have to collect evidence/clues and deduce facts by selecting various options from a drop down menu
-very interesting "reenacting the murder" mechanic. pretty disturbing as well.
-kind of freaky when thinking that these were real victims and you're inspecting them with a magnifying glass (granted they are "comic" drawings, but still kinda disturbing)
-could be fun checking the historical accuracy with wikipedia

Con:
-still relatively low draw distance (then again the fog might just add to atmosphere)
-there are some real life victim photos in the menu (not sure how far they will go with the realism of the crime scenes; then again some people may find this to be a pro)

well i'll definately get this game after playing the demo for a while. it seems to maintain the quality of the previous sherlock holmes efforts. those of us who liked the previous ones will like this, and those who didnt like them i dont think will like this one either. in any event, for the current pricetag of $19.99 u cant go wrong.

Last edited by tastebud; 05-22-2009 at 06:47 AM.