View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 02:37 AM   #214
BeleG
David Styles

I'm not actually concerned about the status of the development. I bet Jane and Wizarbox are working hard and we must not ask them for any innecessary hurries in the process. I prefer a good game, with the full dedication and perfectionism Jane likes to put on every detail of her projects, no matter if it's accomplished for November, January or April. I prefer to wait now and remember the results forever, as I will remember the GK series. And so does Jane, who prefered to move the project to a better developer despite the delays and losses this undoubtly produces. She knows what she wants, and I want that too, not anything else.

What is actually worrying me is the defectuous publishing dtp is making, or, better said, dtp is NOT making. A good publisher should prepare the public for a game, feedind them with continuous material and information to keep their attention. Instead, what we have on Gray Matter is an obsolete webpage, some old artwork, a couple of old trailers and screens (which now should look completely different, after the change of developer) and a wonderul blog written by Jane Jensen herself, which was our only way of getting in touch with the project. It's been a while since the last time the blog was updated (and that's understandable, it takes time to write an entry like those Jane used to write, and she must be pretty busy) and now we know almost nothing about it.

Is Jane going to have to advertise the game herself? If it wasn't for the blog, we wouldn't have heard anything about the game in the last months. And I refuse to believe dtp is not going to release anything before August. They can't be so incompetent.

We must be aware that developing and publishing are different tasks commited by different people. Last news we had from the development said they were working and the project was doing fine, so there's no reason to doubt about the good health of the development. It's dtp the one who should change its mind and redirect a situation which is disturbing a little the fan base and potential buyers. If they don't make a good work from this moment until the release of the game, it's not going to sell the number a game like this one should sell, and I really want Gray Matter to be succesful and become the first of many...

Let's give them some time and see what they do, they're professionals and should be preparing something... before August.