View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 02:04 PM   #82
nomadsoul

Got sick of 'too much mentioning' of belief and betrayal, checked out intro on video tube and cannot stop laughing, reason? Check comments (i am not alone)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNAg901Fbi8

The mass market cannot digest this and all old ideas.
People now want content, quality, they have choice don't forget.If they will find better product to buy, they will do so.
AG devlopers should start to think and try ways to capture BIG market, and come with proper presentation. Bad voiceacting, bad bad character models and animations like in recent still-life2 aren't enough(unfortunately due to spoiler concerns i cant link SL2 video). Again the linked video and LS2 graphics, story whatevr will be enough for you hardcore lovers but not masses.

Even stories are not that worthy. Seriously do you guys think any adventure game recently in last 3 years has better script/dialogue than ME or oblivion/fallout3?

AG genre itslef is just part of RPG.Not just RPG perse, can be part of any genre. Blegend script will blow all competition and writing of your AG games being a slasher/beatemup(action/adventure).
In ME and oblivion, adventure is part, you can put adventure elements along with RPG, and judging adventure elements alone, VAs and story are way better in ME or oblivion/FO3/witcher etc., compounded with dynamic conversations and choices.

People love 'freedom', another element to please masses.

HR is on right track of giving plenty of choices, moral or otherwise. I too personally hate and sick of onedimensional/linear stories with fixed plot like novels. More AG should try choices and dynamic gameplay atleast, but whats the point of choices if they will have B&B,SL2 type models with bad animation , and horrific VAs.

Its my personal advice, quality , masses and choices are three major things to invest in.

You know i was always vocal about how HR being released in fall, when competition will be tough and consumers will make easy choices like sequels and shooters etc. HR could become ME or DEADSPACE in sales, which is good(1 million), but EA wasn't happy. My point is even HR heavy hardhitting graphics, and ambitious design can't win typical attitude of todays consumer just THAT easily, even if product is exceptionally good with Sony backup. New IP, new genre, ''saturated market''. If it will do well then props to them, if it not then, well expected from masses(too many safe bets for them, halo,as2,uc2 mw2 etc). So even HR has to be careful for release window even being qualified already as 'quality new adventure IP'. So many dangers, so much trouble.

How can you expect to win just that easily, the trust of consumers even if you are not even close to quarter of HR in quality?

I need an honest answer, the solution to WIN market, not to sustain remnants of AG.

Last edited by nomadsoul; 05-17-2009 at 02:10 PM.